- INTERNAL AUDIT
- TRANSFER PRICING
- CORPORATE FINANCIAL ADVISORY
- RISK ADVISORY
- AUDIT & ASSURANCE
- IFRS/IND AS SERVICES
- CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- INSOLVENCY PROFESSIONAL
“Internal audit is a dynamic profession involved in helping organizations achieve their objectives. It is concerned with evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in an organization.”
Internal audits evaluate a company’s internal controls, including its corporate governance and accounting processes. They ensure compliance with laws and regulations and accurate and timely financial reporting and data collection, as well as helping to maintain operational efficiency by identifying problems and correcting lapses before they are discovered in an external audit.
Internal Audit Procedures
Internal audits may take place on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis. Some departments may be audited more frequently than others. For example, a manufacturing process may be audited on a daily basis for quality control, while the human resources department might only be audited once a year. Audits may be scheduled, to give managers time to prepare the required documents and information, or they may be a surprise if the unethical or illegal activity is suspected.
Transfer pricing regulations in India have emerged as one of the most important and critical areas of tax policy and administration, tax planning and tax controversy for global corporate setting up business establishments in India. We assist companies in decision making at various stages of inter-company transactions – planning, policy making, strategy, implementation, compliance and justifications.
Service Offerings in Transfer Pricing
Our team of professionals provide comprehensive solutions tailored to your business objectives after understanding the exact nature and the extent of the international transactions undertaken by the Company. We have a specialized Transfer Pricing team that is competent to assist you in the following areas of Transfer Pricing:
• Transfer Pricing Documentation Services
• Preparation of comprehensive Transfer Pricing study, which includes:
A fact-finding exercise, where an analysis is conducted of the functions performed and risks assumed by each entity.
Evaluation of prescribed Transfer Pricing Methods and selection of the most appropriate Transfer Pricing Method and identification of the tested party or parties.
Undertaking a search for comparable companies /comparable transactions using domestic/ global databases and conducting economic and financial analyses on the selected comparables.
Preparation of a comprehensive Transfer Pricing Documentation incorporating the above steps.
Arranging issuance of the Accountant’s Report in Form 3CEB as required under Indian Income-tax Act, 1961.
Transfer Pricing Strategy Services
- Undertaking Transfer Pricing Planning studies for determination of the appropriate Transfer Pricing margin for newly set up companies/new business lines/business units/new transactions.
- Transfer Pricing diagnostic reviews.
- Review of Transfer Pricing policy for assessing possible transfer pricing risks.
- Review of the overall supply chain of the organization and recommending a tax-efficient/ Transfer Pricing compliant supply chain structure.
- Reviewing inter-company agreements from a transfer pricing perspective.
- Structuring cost-sharing arrangements for domestic and international inter-company transactions.
- Valuation of intangible assets from a Transfer Pricing perspective.
Finance forms a basic ingredient for any growth objective. We have the right blend of people with requisite skills to render corporate finance services. Our services include the following:
• Fund raising – private equity and capital market and related advisory
• Advisory to Private Equity funds on fund organization, identification of opportunities, due diligence, negotiations, documentation support and transaction management services
• Debt and private equity syndication
• Structured Finance
– Domestic or cross border mergers & acquisitions and joint ventures financing
– Structured products for promoter financing
– Infrastructure, real estate funding, asset financing, project financing
– Structured products for balance sheet, capital structure and liquidity management
– Convertibles, ECBs & equity-linked products
• Business valuations & fair value opinion
Our team is fully equipped to devise financing solution, arrange finance from various financial institutions, negotiate term-sheets and assistance in closure of documentation for seamless conclusion of the transaction.
The firm provides Risk Advisory services to assist clients in enhancing risk management and stakeholder conformance while providing the foundation to achieve greater business performance. Our Risk Management team helps in better identifying, measuring and managing risk and enhancing the reliability of the control system and procedures.
Our Risk Advisory Services assist in mitigating the exposure to the business risks by proactively identifying the blind spots and helping the organization use them to its advantage. Our Services are specially designed to address the clients’ varying organizational needs. From enterprise-wide risk initiatives to corporate governance programs to specific niche service solutions, our team will work with you to create strategic, practical and effective processes to minimize organizational risks and maximize business opportunities.
Our specialized service offerings are as follows:
- Advice to multinational companies on setting up a business presence in India in the form of a Representative Office, Branch Office, Project Office, Joint Venture Company etc. and assistance in obtaining requisite approvals from appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Advice on current government policies in relation to Foreign Investment (inbound) and Repatriation.
- Planning, advice and assistance to ensure compliance/obtain approvals under various provisions of Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) from Reserve Bank of India/FIPB etc.
Our audit approach, at the leading edge of best practice, is tailored to suit the size and nature of organization and draws upon your extensive industry knowledge. Our deep understanding of regulation and legislation means we can also help with complex reporting issues involving IND AS, IAS, US GAAP, and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The firm has the knowledge and experience necessary to help our clients with complex financial accounting issues related to matters such as valuations, pensions and share plans, listing, IFRS conversions, and corporate treasury and company secretary functions.
The audits and other assurance services are provided, based on:
• Use of sound and innovative proprietary systems and methodologies developed in- house
• Executed by a highly trained team of staff drawn from a pool of Audit, Forensic, Information Technology, and Information Systems Audit & Security experts
• Backed by extensive deployment of CAAT and other Information Technology tools
The firm provides comprehensive and supported solutions for the seamless transition to IFRS / Ind AS and assist in appropriate treatment and disclosures under IFRS Ind AS. We work closely with our clients and devise and implement the appropriate methodology and transition structure suited to the individual requirements of our clients. A qualified and experienced team, solution-oriented approach and prompt access to technical experts are the strengthening pillars for successful execution of our projects
• The services include assisting our clients in identifying specific conversion requirements based on a detailed analysis and assessment of the business model and existing financial reporting requirements, design and planning, impact on various financial parameters and consequent implementation of the new reporting requirements.
• The firm also carries out an independent post-implementation review to assist the management in a proactive assessment of the impact on the business and financial models with respect to the fundamental issues and disclosure norms under IFRS / Ind AS.
We provide advisory and support services to enhance the levels of corporate governance within the organization. This includes:
- Services designed to help company’s setup ethics environment, and then continue to effectively follow them.
- Assist boards and various sub-committees
We offer a suite of strategic, outsourcing and industry-focused services that help build long-term value for businesses. Our technology, process and environment competencies, effectively combined, can support your organization in managing and mastering risk.
Our highly qualified, innovative and experienced team includes chartered accountants, Cost and Management Accountants, Company Secretaries and MBAs. We understand that a distressed business can be rescued, rehabilitated or reorganized to enhance value. We work together with our clients, whether debtors in default or creditors to identify, in order to adopt and implement the best solution. We strive to maximize recovery, protect business or investment of our client, however where a client’s distressed situation cannot be resolved through a recovery platform, we work towards formulating strategies to guide our clients through the process of insolvency.
In order for us to provide seamless and integrated service for our clients, we works closely with specialists in related practice areas including finance, corporate, real estate, employment, tax, regulatory, capital markets and litigation.
Our expertise covers legal and commercial advice on matters including:
- Pre Insolvency/ Distress Advisory;
- Negotiations with creditors for settlements;
- Negotiations / Arrangements with creditors and members;
- Corporate Restructuring based on Mergers/Demergers/Hive off/Take over/Acquisitions;
- Identifying strategic investors;
- Devising an efficient and viable restructuring model;
- Distressed debt trading;
- Insolvency filing requirements;
- Insolvency proceedings;
- Financial Due Diligence;
- M&A in Distress;
- Portfolio Reviews; and,
- Liquidations/Winding up